Buy UK driving license in Ireland – Buy Irish driving license without test
Getting a UK driving license in Northern Ireland
As there is currently a delay with verification of UK driving license by their licensing authority, this will result in a delay processing the exchange of these license in Ireland. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Buy UK driving license in Ireland – Buy UK driving license online – Buy Irish driving license without test
You can now quickly and easily exchange your UK/NI licence for an Irish license online. No need to complete paper forms, make appointments or visit an NDLS centre in person. All you need is the following:
- A Public Services Card and verified MyGovID.
- Current or most recent UK/NI driving license
- Proof of your address dated within the last six months is required if your current address is not recorded on your permit.
You can exchange your license if it was issued by an EU or EEA country. If you wish to exchange your EU or EEA license, you must do so within 10 years of its expiry date. You can also exchange a UK DVLA driving license.
If it was issued by a country that is outside the EU or EEA, you can apply to exchange it for an Irish driving license.
Buy UK driving license online
If you’ve changed your name or you have a paper provisional driving licence, you must:
- fill in the declaration on your driving test pass certificate
- fill in a form D1 ‘application for a driving licence’, available at most Post Offices.
- provide original documents confirming your identity
- provide a passport photograph (only if you have a paper provisional licence)
- Buy UK driving license with without test in 2022
Whether you’re a UK citizen moving to Ireland or an Irish citizen returning home after living in the UK, you may be wondering how you go about changing your UK driving licence.
In this blog, we explain the steps involved in exchanging your UK driving license for an Irish driving license and explore the possibility of holding two license at once.
Steps to exchange your UK driving license – Buy Irish driving licence without test
To exchange your driving license, you will need to visit your local National Driving ,license Service (NDLS) centre. There are 36 centres across Ireland.
To make an appointment, you can book online or make use of the easy walk-in service. If you are reading this while restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic are still in effect, you will need to check if/when your local office will be fully operational. Buy UK driving license online
For your application to switch your UK driving license over to an Irish driving license, you will need to provide:
- A completed application form
- Existing UK driving licence (this will not be returned)
- Photographic I.D.
- Proof of your Personal Public Services Number (PPSN)
- Evidence of your home address dated within the last six months
- Evidence of residency entitlement (if you hold a public services card and your place of birth or nationality is within the European
- Union/European Economic Area, it is adequate to present the PSC)
- A completed NDLS medical report form, dated within one month (if required)
- Evidence of certificate of professional competence (CPC) (if required)
- Application fee of 5.
For more detailed information on the application requirements, please visit the NDLS website.
If you wish to hold an Irish driving licence, you cannot also hold a UK driving licence at the same time. As part of the application process for an Irish driving licence, you will be asked to surrender your old UK/Northern Irish licence.
If you do not submit your original UK/Northern Irish driving licence with your exchange application, the NDLS will be unable to validate your application and you could run the risk of not being able to legally drive in Ireland until your old licence has been received.
Buy Irish driving licence without test
If you don’t yet have a driving licence and wish to apply for one in Ireland, you must be able to attend a NDLS office and provide evidence that you:
- are at least 17 years of age (or 16 years if you are applying for a work vehicle or motorcycle <125cc licence)
- are an Irish resident
- reside in Ireland for at least 185 days per year
- have resided in Ireland for at least one year before undertaking the driver licence testing process
- You should have a valid PPSN
- have completed (and have with you) the D201 learner permit application form
- have completed (and have with you) the NDLS eyesight report form D502.
- Getting a UK driving license in Northern Ireland
If the NDLS is satisfied, you will then be asked to sit a driving theory test.
You must pass this test in order to be granted your Learner Permit and to begin practical driving lessons.
In Ireland, unlike the UK, before you can apply to take your practical driving test, you must complete 12 individual one-hour driving lessons with an approved driving instructor.
This is known as Essential Driving Training (EDT). Once you have completed this, you are free to take your practical test. Buy UK driving license in Ireland