Buy Italian driving license in UK
Buy Italian driving license without test
You can obtain an Italian driving license directly from the Motor Vehicle Office “Motorizzazione Civile” in Roma. With no need to write exams or do driving test. Buy Italian driving license in UK
Responsible for documentation concerning the process to buy Italian driving license.
Most other EU countries have already announced reciprocal agreements with the UK, allowing driving license to be exchanged without the need for a test, but there’s still no arrangement confirmed with Italy.
A UK government spokesperson told The Local on Wednesday that negotiations were continuing with the Italian government on the right to obtain an Italian licence without the need to re-sit a driving test.
Getting a Car Driving Licence in Italy
In order to obtain the Patente B a person must be at least 18 years old. be in suitable physical condition (a medical certificate is required for eyesight, mental health and physical condition).
The process for obtaining an Italian driver’s licence is:
- Pass a theory test (multiple choice, in Italian)
- Obtain a learner’s permit (foglio rosa)
- Practice driving
- Pass a practical driving test (road test with instructor and examiner)
On the other hand, Information on driving permits in Italy with details on applying for a learner’s license and registering for an Italian driving test.
The Italian driving license can be obtained after finishing a driver’s education course and passing a two-stage test: a theory test and a road test. An elementary-school diploma is also required to obtain a valid driver’s license.
In Italy, the driving license is a governmental right given to those who request a license for any of the categories they choose. It is required for every type of motorized vehicle.
The minimum age to obtain a driving license is as follows:
- 16 years for a motorcycle of 125cc with a limit of motor power of 11 kW; a quadricycle motor (cars with a weight of 400 kg – 550 kg if it is for freight transport) and a motor power not exceeding 15 kW)
- 18 years for a car or a motorcycle without a limit for the engine cylinder capacity and a limit of motor power of 35 kW
- 21 years for minibuses, three-wheelers without a limit of motor power, and cargo vehicles
- 24 years for motorcycles without limits of motor power; buses
You can buy Italian driving license in UK 2022
If you moved to Italy after 1 January 2021, you can use your valid UK licence for 12 months from the date you became resident.
For information on driving in Italy, read the guidance on:
- what you need to drive abroad
- driving license in Italy (in Italian)
- contacting an Ufficio Motorizzazione Civile (in Italian)
If you are in Italy and your UK driving licence is lost, stolen or expires you cannot renew it with the UK Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
You need to apply to the DVLA for a ‘certificate of entitlement’ in Italian to be able to apply for an Italian driving licence. You can buy Italian driving license in UK 2022
Bringing a UK-registered vehicle to Italy
Read our guidance on taking a vehicle out of the UK.
If you move to Italy with your UK-registered car, you must register your car with Italian licence plates within 60 days of being officially resident in Italy. If not, your car may be impounded.
Be aware that as soon as you start the process of registering your car in Italy you will not be able to use your car, until you get your new documentation and licence plates. For more information, contact an Ufficio Motorizzazione Civile (in Italian). Buy Italian driving license without test
Furthermore, If you’ve taken a look at the (very high by American standards) price of an autoscuola in Italy and feel hesitant to sign up, consider these benefits (we’re not sponsored by an Italian autoscuola ? ):
- The autoscuola handles all of your paperwork for the Motorizzazione Civile on your behalf
- They get your temporary driving permit from the MC for you (valid for 6 months)
- You take your required eye exam at the autoscuola
- They provide you with a school car for your road test
- And they, you know, prepare you for the notoriously difficult exams (duh)
Driving schools are everywhere, and some even offer options for those with weak Italian skills.
At the autoscuola, instructors prepare students for both the theoretical and practical exam, and they only allow you to take the exams once they think you are ready.